Therapy is not for “broken” people. While we may feel “broken” at times, it takes a great amount of courage to show up to therapy and then really “show up”.
Maybe you’ve gone through something recently and are struggling to sit with it. Maybe you are experiencing ongoing/persistent symptoms of anxiety or depression; relationship issues; or have a history of traumatic experiences.
Even though many are working hard to reduce and eliminate the stigma of therapy, it is often still a difficult decision for some to make. Here are some potential benefits of starting therapy:
- Having an unbiased source of support.
- Understanding of yourself on a deeper level and increasing self-compassion.
- Learning how to more effectively experience and manage emotions.
- Identifying underlying causes of symptoms.
- Providing coping strategies.
- Processing through difficult experiences. Increasing healthy boundaries and improving relationships.